KDEDIR still used ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Nov 5 22:35:43 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 21:10, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 16:22 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> > >the environment variable KDEDIR is still used kstandarddirs.cpp.
> > >Didn't we want to get rid of this one ?
> >
> > Yes, since KDE 1.x times :-)
> >
> > Maybe even before.
>
> Therefore, it will stay, won't it ;-)

Maybe not.
What about the attached patch ?
I'm not sure about the part for Windows.
And in some places in the doxygen docs $KDEDIR is used as prefix for
locations, like $KDEDIR/share/apps/appname/eventsrc. Using
$KDEDIRS/share/apps/appname/eventsrc doesan't really work for this.

So, apply or not ?
What about Windows ?

Bye
Alex