KIO slaves + chown/chgrp

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Nov 4 22:42:54 GMT 2006

On Sat Nov 4 2006, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Saturday 04 November 2006 18:57, Richard Moore wrote:
> > KIO supports this, see:
> >
> > http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-3.5/kdelibs-apido
> >cs/kio/kio/html/classKIO_1_1ChmodJob.html
>
> But I find no method
> virtual chgrp(...) in KIO::SlaveBase like it is for chmod() ...
> So how is a kio-slave notified about doing chgrp/chown ?

It isn't. ChmodJob calls the unix chown()/chgrp() functions directly (for local urls only of course).
Probably because we couldn't add virtuals to SlaveBase during the kde3 timeframe,
and because implementing it for the local file system was the priority.
I'm fine with this being virtualized for kde4, i.e. delegated to SlaveBase.