A powerful generic delegate for kdelibs

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 13:44:45 GMT 2006

Hi,

After a talk yesterday in IRC (#kde4-devel), that we were talking about
creating a powerful delegate for kdelibs, and other apps should use it... I
agree, and maybe I can do some work there. Just tell me what would you
expect from it. Since I'm pretty noob till now, I may need some help at this
point, but I think I can achieve the goal successfully with some work.

Another thing that I would like to point is about my kpluginselector work.
We know that Konqueror and Kopete for examples uses it, but I wonder why
Kate use its own plugin selector. As I changed my kpluginselector class for
not drawing categories with hard coding for consistency issues, I'm totally
sure Kate should use kpluginselector for showing plugins (and in general,
any app using plugins). What's true too is that I haven't read Kate's plugin
code, maybe there are problems using kpluginselector and for that reason a
new plugin selector class had to be written, but if that's the case, I will
improve kpluginselector to let Kate use it.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.