desktop file into applnk ? (kde4)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 30 14:27:45 BST 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 01:22, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 May 2006 01:10, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > I think it makes more sense to move them to services, having them under
> > applnk/ seems to me mostly an historic artefact.
>
> OK. Let's prefix them to avoid clashes though, e.g.
> services/kscreensaver_kclock.desktop instead of kclock.desktop which might
> be an application's name somewhere. Either that or a subdir,
> services/screensavers/  < yes that's probably even better.

yeah, the need to namespace them with a prefix was an obvious requirement
given the 2^10 files already in there from hither and yon ;) didn't know we
could use subdirs in there, though. that's even spiffier.

i'll play with this and hopefully get it committed today.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness