KMessage/KMessageHandler: a core/ui seperation for displaying message.

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun May 28 22:51:03 BST 2006

Michaƫl Larouche said the following, On 2006-05-28 19:06:

> I rencently wanted to make a notification framework for Kopete4 to replace all
> the KMessageBox in the code. Then Olivier Goffart remembered me of the
> thread "core/ui separation".

Cool,
FYI: I have implemented similar idea in Kexi, thus allowing to redirect
messages to stdout in the future for command-line only things. With this idea,
a few Kexi database-related components can be used without displaying
messages, if a developer doesn't want them, or these can be
groupped/concatenated and displayed on a higher level. A bit something like
exceptions.

MessageHandler, here:
http://www.kexi-project.org/docs/cvs-api/html/classKexiDB_1_1Object.html#b0

The handler can bouilt a nice HTML output (as error messages can have complex
structure, e.g. server status)

Maybe I'll look forward to reuse your stuff.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska