KMessage/KMessageHandler: a core/ui seperation for displaying message.

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Sun May 28 20:22:24 BST 2006

On Sunday 28 May 2006 19:01, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Sunday 28 May 2006 12:06, Michaƫl Larouche wrote:
[...]

> > The patch include:
> > -KMessage,KMessageHandler,KMessageBoxMessageHandler,KPassivePopupMessageH
> >an dler -KMessage_Test in kdeui/tets
>
> Why are you making KMessage::internalShowStdOutMessage a generic logging
> mechanism? We have kDebug for debug messages, so we should remove any sort
> of debug message handling from KMessage.

I disagree on removing the enum(e.g, removing the possibility), but I can
understand skipping using KMessage for debugging in some scenarios. I want
the possibility to exist, because in some cases a kDebug call is
insufficient. For example, you want to receive debug data in an ordered
fashion somewhere else, or in some other way intercept & display it.

Cheers,

		Frans