D-BUS required changes in KDE 4

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri May 26 21:00:44 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 26 Mai 2006 20:24, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >2) Also, there's no way for a program with a different UID to connect to
> >the session bus. So kdesu loses functionality.
[...]
> Any comments on #2? This is much more important, IMHO. It's a major issue
> for porting, because kdesu cannot start KDE programs anymore. In fact,
> the whole idea of running a program as a different user is rendered
> impossible.
>
> You have to start a whole session in the other user's UID.

Maybe it's just a stupid idea,   i have not lot of knowledge in the dbus and
kdesu mechanism.

But is that possible that the kdesu program do a bridge ?
App1 <---DBus---> kdesu <---DBus---> App2

Or maybe add an auth mechanism in DBus, using a shared cookie. (didn't you
tell me it will be required in Windows ?)

Sorry if it sounds completely out of application

--
Olivier - waiting to see dbus in trunk :-)