D-BUS required changes in KDE 4

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri May 26 17:02:20 BST 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 17:45, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote On 26-05-2006 18:37:
> > David Faure wrote:

> >> Sounds good.
> >
> > That does answer the question, though: is it a feature we should push for
> > in D-BUS or should we simply mandate that the daemon be running in all
> > circumstances?
>
> The latter, distros should take care of that in init scripts.

Which distro are we talking about, when thinking about Solaris, Mac OS X and Windows,
for example? This isn't about Linux only; we need a dbus server everywhere.
Isn't the best way to ensure that we get one, to start one when needed?
Of course on linux we can expect that distros will launch a dbus server before kde,
but a fallback solution is very much necessary for all the other cases.