[Fwd: [kde-artists] Where to install (new) HiColor icons]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu May 25 06:36:14 BST 2006

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 09:43:58AM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> I am not talking about making "new kdeclassic icon", I am talking about
>> making NEW icons.  Icon such as:
>>
>> 	tab_remove_other.png
>> 	view_fit_height.png
>> 	view_fit_width.png
>> 	view_fit_window.png
>>
>> which didn't exist before I made them.  And, I am not making KDEClassic
>> icons for these *new* icons, I am making generic HiColor icons.
>
> Any new icons should be made for crystalsvg, that's the icon theme we
> ship with.

You appear to have missed something.  I have made BOTH CrystalSVG and
HiColor icons for these new icons.  So, I fail to see your point.  And,
what are those icons themes in KDEArtWork?

>> Then why does GNOME support HiColor and ship a HiColor theme.
>> Supporting HiColor means having a HiColor theme -- shipping a HiColor
>> theme like GNOME does.
>
> The index.theme file we have for hicolour comes from freedesktop and
> is exactly the same as Gnome has.

That has nothing to do with what I said which was that GNOME ships a
HiColor icon theme:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.14/2.14.1/sources/gnome-icon-theme-2.14.2.tar.bz2

To correct what you said.  The GNOME package does not include the
"index.theme" file but rather requires that you install:

http://freedesktop.org/software/icon-theme/releases/hicolor-icon-theme-0.5.tar.gz

KDE has an "index.theme" file for HiColor in the KDELibs package.  IIRC,
it was modified slightly although I can't remember exactly how or why.

--
JRT