[RFC] Solid and use of namespaces

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun May 21 01:26:01 BST 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 01:27, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> By using nesting, I will introduce Solid::Network and Solid::Power
> namespaces. It then raises some questions regarding the classes naming.

I mostly fail to see the need for namespaces, it feels like overdesign
without any clear advantage, since C++ does not provide many features in
the user of namespaces.
And if the advantage is Power::Manager instead of PowerManager and
Power::Battery::isFilled() instead of PowertypeBattery::isFilled(), well;
its too similar to actually accept disadvantages in my experience.

I would very much favour having at max one namespace; the 'solid' one, but
IIRC kdelibs does not do namespaces at all (though I may have missed a
later decision), does it?

--
Thomas Zander