core/ui separation

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Thu May 18 11:35:50 BST 2006

On Thursday 18 May 2006 10:00, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Thursday, 18. May 2006 11:19, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > But if your core has MessageBoxes, you screwed it anyway
>
> Well, it's a solvable problem. I'm just asking because I don't want to work
> on this if I don't have a chance of getting libphononcore QtGui-free.

I can understand if it is tricky to keep it abstracted. But don't give up! The
more code we have that actually need the separation, the higher are the
chances for that someone of us do it.

I think making GUI code optional gives KDE many interesting opportunities,
such as perhaps even running code without X.

Cheers,

		Frans