RFC: kservice -> kdecore?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed May 17 23:48:23 BST 2006

On Thursday 18 May 2006 00:35, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> ah, i should probably note that this still leaves me with a dependency on
> KServiceTypeProfileList which i'm still trying to untangle ...

That's the user configuration, which the trader uses.
In practical terms it's not really used for pure (non-mimetypes) servicetypes,
so you wouldn't need it for your use case, but well, the trader in general still
needs to obey the user configuration... so unless we have a mimetype-specific trader,
we might have to move KServiceTypeProfileList to kdecore too. Should be fine
since it doesn't have additional kio dependencies.