formatNumber performance

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Tue May 16 23:13:55 BST 2006

Guillaume Laurent napisaƂ(a):
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 20:40, Michael Pyne wrote:
>> But for that use case, we wouldn't need the separation between ksysguard
>> and ksysguardd (the C daemon that actually collects the data) anyways.
>
> My point exactly. I use an applet named 'system monitor', there are also
> dozens of SuperKaramba modules for that too.

Separation of frontend (ksysguard) and backend (ksysguardd) is good as
it allows switching backends (for example for some common backend for
Gnome and KDE).

As for applets, I use them also, but they do not have, for example,
processes list, they do not allow killing processes, etc.

Ksysguard is just a standard processes manager which people can rely
will be there, just like Task Manager (or whatever it is called) in Windows.

	Krzysztof Lichota