formatNumber performance

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Tue May 16 16:19:53 BST 2006

John Tapsell wrote:
> I don't know.  KSysguard should probably support snmp.  I've never
> played with it so i don't know sorry.  I don't know how much demand
> there is for SNMP either.
I haven't played with snmp either, but I know that it's the standard
solution for network and remote machine monitoring, however it's
overkill if all you have to monitor is a couple of machines (in which
case ksysguard could fit in). So perhaps you could ask yourself if it's
really worth the hassle to optimize something which will never be
heavily used in the first place ? ksysguard only makes sense for people
who have a small LAN at home (say a couple of PCs behind a router). If
you only have a single machine to monitor, then there are plenty of much
nicer and lighter solutions. If you have a larger network, then you
really want snmp.

--
Guillaume
http://telegraph-road.org