formatNumber performance

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 16 15:03:11 BST 2006

David Faure wrote:
>No (and if anything did that, it should be KLocale; kapp is being made
> optional). Someone would need to map our locales (kdebase/l10n/) to the
> QLocale enums. Alternatively, we could do the number to string
> conversion ourselves to avoid it being QLocale-dependent - being
> QLocale-dependent wasn't the idea of the KLocale code, obviously.

We've been discussing this at Trolltech too. We have found the need to
override the locale settings on number, date and time formatting to what
the user specifies. I believe KDE would benefit from that too.

So, should this information be stored by Qt (QSettings)? Or would KDE set
it at every application start? I guess the former would be better:
KControl would just call a function to change the setting.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway