formatNumber performance

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:33:47 BST 2006

Hi,
  Unfortunately I don't have net access at home right at the moment,
so I'm coding at home, then discussing here..

> Are we talking about KLocale::formatNumber?
Yes.

> Where does it read configuration from KConfig? I don't see that.
It finds out which locale we are in to know whether to use , or . for
the decimal place.

> I wanted to suggest QLocale::toString() which it already uses with
> QString::number() implicitly. But now I don't know how does this follow
> the user setting e.g. for group separator or decimal point?

Can someone follow up on this.  I'm guessing that kapplication calls
QLocale::setDefault  - is this true?

John