increasing the usability of search dialogs

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Mon May 15 16:26:06 BST 2006

Thomas Zander napisaƂ(a):
> On Monday 15 May 2006 11:09, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>>> I agree with the subtext that the old-school search dialog (a real
>>> dialog) stays for the people that are used to such a thing.
>> and how would one switch between them? smells like a configuration
>> option coming up. i wonder if we can't figure out a "best practice" and
>> just go with that
>
> Exactly like konq already does it;
> use ctrl-F or menu to get the dialog
> or use / to start the advanced one.

1. Why isn't such feature visible? I have been using Konqueror
extensively for several years and only now, on development list, I get
to know that it exists!
2. Usage of this function in Konqueror is not obvious. First surprise
-how to make it move to next ocurrence? In Firefox it is obvious,
because there are buttons for that.

	Krzysztof Lichota