kdelibs build fails with installed Qt

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Sat May 13 23:31:44 BST 2006

I've been getting a cmake error trying to build the latest snapshot. It turns
out that the problem is that I *installed* Qt after building it, rather than
simply using it in the build tree, and the kdelibs cmake system doesn't cope
with that.

I had to fiddle things a bit to try to get it to work, so I don't know exactly
what is necessary to fix the build. But the kdelibs cmake build process seems
to use at least two Qt components which are currently not installed in the Qt
install process. (I used the following command line to install Qt, so as to
omit the Qt examples:

make sub-src-install_subtargets sub-tools-install_subtargets install_htmldocs

I couldn't find any other install target to rectify things.)

The missing Qt components are:
- the mkspecs directory (or perhaps just the relevant part of it?).
- qmake.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.