Concluding the discussion about splitting kdebase

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri May 12 00:17:53 BST 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 00:49, Daniel Teske wrote:
> > other apps, needed by users but not by other apps, would be nice to have
> > under TWM and Windows
> > - keditbookmarks
>
> Both konqueror and konsole depend on keditbookmarks.

That's fine, because all three are in kdebase/apps.

> Furthermore the
> bookmark applet of kicker depends on keditbookmarks.

I see two solutions: Either we put keditbookmarks in kdebase/coreapps (might
make sense, especially when we consider that you can have bookmarks in file
dialogs), or we put the kicker bookmark applet in kdebase/apps or another
module outside of kdebase, which contains non-base kicker applets.