Testing internal classes

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Wed May 10 23:47:18 BST 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 22:14, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 21:44, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >  Maybe our debug build could do like that: no symbol hiding.
>
> And then all the developers using debug builds would keep making
> visibility-related mistakes. Not a good idea IMHO.
>
> I think we should just use convenience libs (but I'm not sure if cmake
> supports that since we didn't need this up to now)

> or to link the .o files into the test programs.

This approach is rather hackish, and ad-hoc, imho. I wonder how practical it
is, how it scales, with larger projects. For example, if you have
inter-dependencies between multiple compilation units, or if you need to link
to the library that the .o is part of. No, I don't have a suggestion for a
solution :|

Cheers,

		Frans