Dependancy between KParts and KDEUI?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue May 9 22:32:34 BST 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 22:55, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> another bug that I now triggered is this:
>
> t_dlopen /home/koder/Programmieren/kdeinstall/lib/kde4/libkbyteseditwidget.la
> failed: /home/koder/Programmieren/kdeinstall/lib/libkparts.so.2: undefined
> symbol: _ZN13KXMLGUIClient14conserveMemoryEv
>
> Worked before monday.

This method (KXMLGUIClient::conserveMemory()) was removed from kdeui.
Your kdeui has it removed, but your kparts is still calling it for some reason.
Are you mixing libs from kdelibs-trunk and kdelibs4_snapshot?
Or did you partly install kdelibs?

Check your kdelibs install, something's wrong with your libkparts.

> Even adding ${KDE4_KDEUI_LIBS} to the link libraries does not change the
> error:
> target_link_libraries(kbyteseditwidget  khexeditcommon ${KDE4_KPARTS_LIBS}
> ${KDE4_KDEUI_LIBS} )
Not necessary, kparts depends on kdeui anyway, and KDE4_KPARTS_LIB knows that.