Testing internal classes (was: inline vtable problems with latest kdelibs snapshot?)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Tue May 9 19:06:48 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 9. Mai 2006 19:44, schrieb Simon Hausmann:
> On Tuesday 09 May 2006 19:35, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
[Internal classes are not visible outside of libraries if using visibility, so
linking the libraries to tests for those classes does not work anymore]
> > I guess the trolls came across this problem, too? How did they solve it?
>
> We have a Q_INTERNAL_EXPORT macro which is only set for internal
> development builds.

Aha, might be a solution. But then one should/could add this to all classes ;)

> In addition we sometimes compile the .cpp files into
> the unit test.

Which is annoying if there are deep hierarchies of dependencies :/

But thanks for giving the troll solution, Simon.

Anyone with an idea if the full symbol table could be made available for
linking as convenience lib again?

Regards
Friedrich