[patch] KIconLoader: queryIcons() and queryIconsByContext()

Luke Sandell ls65594 at appstate.edu
Fri May 5 06:04:29 BST 2006

I found an annoying bug in KIconLoader. Normally, if you call loadIcon() or
iconPath() with an extension in the icon name, removeIconExtension() will
print a debug message. This behavior is fine. The problem is that
queryIcons() and queryIconsByContext() call removeIconExtension() on every
single file they find. This results in a long list of superfluous debug
messages indicating that you are trying to load an icon by extension (which
you're not).

My solution was to add a boolean parameter to removeIconExtension() indicating
whether or not it should be "quiet," e.g. not print debug messages when a
file containing an extension is passed to it. It is set to true when called
from queryIcons*() but false when called from loadIcon() and iconPath().

Attached you will find a patch for the 3.5 branch, but it should be trivial to
make the same changes to trunk as well.

-Luke Sandell