Please update: cmake 2.4.1 required for kdelibs trunk

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon May 1 20:20:16 BST 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 21:05, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday 01 May 2006 21:02, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > cmake 2.4.1 beta has been released and is now required for building
> > kdelibs trunk (this is the first required update since cmake 2.3.4, march
> > 19th).
>
> What happened to 2.4.0 stable?

It was 2.4.0 beta, not stable, a slightly unusual versioning scheme. I think
it became a 2.4.x because the 2.4 branch has been created in cmake cvs.

> I mean, we're jumping from beta to beta version nowadays (you previously
> suggested that 2.4.0 beta was the way to go).

No. I just pre-warned that 2.4.0 will be required soon. But after Dirk's
objections this did not happen. We were still requiring 2.3.4 from march
19th. IOW this is the first update since almost 1.5 months.

Now that 2.4.1 beta is released we really *have* to raise the required
version, otherwise we will never be able to clean our files up.
If we wait until "2.4.2 stable", we will just then start to find the bugs and
maybe need a 2.4.3 soon.

Important note: please don't use cmake cvs anymore, use this release.

Bye
Alex