[patch] Preload popup menus for the desktop (3.5)

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Mar 30 03:40:27 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 4:12, George Staikos wrote:
>   What do you think the slowness is from?  If there is XMLGUI involved
> here, I suspect the XML parsing for sure.

I'm not 100% sure (I was profiling wall-clock time by instrumenting the
method), but I assume it's in KTrader.  It's noticeably slower the first time
it's used on a given type, which would fit with KTrader caching plugins
(which I think I remember...).  From there it has to do service menu creation
and so on.

-Scott
--
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.