ANNOUNCE: short introduction to cmake for KDE developers

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 20 16:58:09 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 10:51, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Michaƫl Larouche wrote:
> >I didn't see these files in Kopete generated CMake files. We were using
> >Convenience libraries a lot in Kopete and those files would be really
> > useful.
>
> Instead I recommend completely getting rid of convenience libraries or any
> such replacements. Simply name ALL your source files, including those in
> sub-directories.
>
> Convenience libraries were a hack because automake couldn't cope with
> files in other directories than $PWD.

That's what the am2cmake script does. I just didn't make it clever enough to
automatically add the generated variables to the targets which linked to the
conv. libs with autotools. The script just collects them and puts them into
the mentioned file. The developer has to insert the variables manually to the
targets.

Bye
Alex