KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Mar 20 15:12:57 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 09:44, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2006 09:22, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Sunday, 19. March 2006 23:23, Allen Winter wrote:
> >
> > > Support the KDEDIR environment variable for the installation prefix.
> > > So you don't have to add -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to the cmake command line
> > > if you'd rather use good old reliable $KDEDIR.
> >
> > again? how many KDE major releases do we still need until $KDEDIR finally
> > stops working?
> >
> I had no idea there was a goal in KDE4 to eliminate $KDEDIR.
> I can remove no problem.  Just say so.
>
> > and do you know that cmake installs the shared libs with the wrong .soname, so
> > you trash your KDE 3 with that?
> >
> Err.. no.

Ok, I removed the code that sets the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX from $KDEDIR.
Note that cmake currently looks first in $KDEDIR/(include,lib,bin,share) for stuff.
I think that needs to be change to ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/(include,lib,bin,share)

> > > Now to document this on the wiki.
> >
> I can undocument too.

I will change the wiki as soon as it becomes useable again.

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE