move Phonon to trunk kdelibs (another branch to merge)

Michaël Larouche michael.larouche at kdemail.net
Sat Mar 18 23:28:31 GMT 2006

Le March 18, 2006 17:34, Benjamin Reed a écrit :
> On 3/14/06, Matthias Kretz <kretz at kde.org> wrote:
> > Development of a backend using NMM is in the works and I'm hoping for
> > more people to step up and write backends for other frameworks (like
> > Allan, who wanted to look into xinelib
> > (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1721)).
>
> that's good to hear; NMM seems to only support OSS (and alsa) which
> limits it quite a bit as far as alternate platforms.
>
> xine-lib works on windows and osx as well, AFAIK, and pretty much
> anywhere else that KDE works...  GStreamer too, although the osx
> driver hasn't been ported to 0.10 yet.

I wonder,xine-lib just support audio and videoplayback feature right ? Phonon
is must more than that, it capture too audio and video.

How this case will be handled when a user will need to capture audio(or video)
will Phonon to a more capable backend ?

--
Michaël Larouche
KDE developer working on Kopete, Kamefu, Solid...on dial-up :P
MSN/Email: michael.larouche at kdemail.net
IRC: irc.freenode.org/DarkShock on #kopete,#solid,#kamefu,#plasma
Jabber: darkshock at myjabber.net