Consideration requested for merging of kdelibs-action branch

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 22:03:51 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:46, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 01:16, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > Of course there could also be a KIcon constructor taking a QString, but
> > given that it would behave quite different to the corresponding QIcon
> > constructor I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.
>
> Well it would set the icon engine to be some KIconEngine, no?

Yes, but I was more thinking of how it interprets the QString argument. Right
now QIcon interprets it as a file, but I realize that the way we would use it
in KDE with plain suffixless filenames ("reload") doesn't really conflict
with the normal QIcon usage (":/myresources/icon.png") as probably nobody
uses it with a relative path. And even if somebody really uses it with a
relative path then it would be just that KDE looks in its icon hierarchy
first and falls back to the filesystem if it can't find anything (doesn't it
do that right now anyway?). So maybe a plain KIcon constructor would be just
fine :)

Simon