KDE4 Development Critical Path

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 21:03:21 GMT 2006

Le Mardi 14 Mars 2006 21:55, David Faure a écrit :
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 15:18, Michael Brade wrote:
> > - use threads instead of processes (though I'm not sure we still want
> > that)
>
> I don't see evidence that this should be done, nor volunteers for doing it,
> so IMHO this is not on the critical path.

Just curious, what was the motivations behind such a move?

I'm not going to push for threads instead of processes for KIO. But I'd like
to see the job logic go into kdecore, something generic to be reused outside
KIO. I already introduced a depend to KIO in kdehw because of this... and my
jobs have nothing to do with KIO.

Of course, I'm volunteering on this. It's on my TODO just after I reach the
milestone 3 of my solid roadmap. I just hope I won't be left completely
alone, from what I've seen of KIO internals I might have missed some
difficulties.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."