The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 18:33:13 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 20:20, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> remember that this is for KDE4 and so the version of KDevelop that
> ships in that timeframe would need to support it, and Alexander has
> already stated it will (whatever we pick =), so this doesn't seem to
> be an issue.

I think the problem he refers to is that those who want to port their
application to KDE4 and use KDevelop right now need the support for the
upcoming KDE build system now, and not when KDE 4 is out.
I'm quite sure that many rely on KDevelop's automake manager instead of
hacking the Makefile.am's by hand and would be happy if they could just
do the same for cmake.

Andras