Trolltech, Qt 4.2 and KDE 4.0

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 09:12:18 GMT 2006

David Faure wrote:
>I'm surprised, because it worked nicely for me. A year ago (when I wrote
> the support for vertical tabbars in Qt4) I sent (by snail mail iirc) a
> signed document (provided by TT lawyers) and all went well. OK if by
> "not thrilled" you mean "by the additional amount of work", that might
> be. But the actual solution seems to exist, for the case where people
> want to contribute large patches.

Yes, the possibility exists. But it requires some work by the legal
department, it requires a document to be signed and faxed/snail-mailed,
etc.

So it's a "code path" we'd rather left for exceptional cases, not the
rule.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."