OpenSSL dependency update

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Mar 12 10:03:38 GMT 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 01:14 am, George Staikos wrote:
> For KDE 4 I would like to start requiring a minimum of OpenSSL 0.9.9.  This
> is for several reasons, but most importantly:
> 1) Support of the servername extension
This is from RFC3546, right?

> 2) Many security fixes since our last minimum requirement
This won't be such an issue with QCA, I hope - the ability to update the
providers without causing any compatibility problems is a major goal.

<snip>
> Any objections with reason?
Only that I'd like to see it formally released. That changelog link appears to
be for HEAD, but doesn't look to have been done as a release yet.

0.9.8a is the last version I've tried, and it supports some very useful things
for SSL/TLS, but also for the lower level primitives (e.g. SHA2 hashes - very
fast too - even quicker than the Intel Performance Primitives library on my
rough benchmarks).

Brad