KDE4 Libs components

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Thu Mar 9 20:47:54 GMT 2006

> I fail to see the real interest of separating 'components' and 'framework'
> in two different library.
> Anyway, i see potential problems: we are limiting ourself.
>
> If later we want to modify a class to make it depends of another, we can't
> anymore.
> (this may happen if we add a global configuration key that change the
> behaviour of a class in the 'components' library.  Or simply if we want to
> share some duplicate code that may appears later)

Well our current track record is horrible.  In KDE3 I doubt there were many
classes that were stand alone.  Class A relying upon class B which realyes
upon C and A etc.  Just from a testing standpoint it will help to simplify an
cleanup.  From an ISV standpoint they don't want to link against 6 KDE
libraries, but the minimum that is needed.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc