DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 22:06:38 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 22:45, André Wöbbeking wrote:

> When you already have a private class why would you also want to have
> other private members? And as Harald and Lars pointed out (from there
> experience with Qt) some time ago all public classes in libs should
> have a private class.

You could also have the standpoint that the d-pointer should only be an
fallback when you have to fix bugs in a binary-compatible way and normally
shouldn't be used in order to save the extra memory allocation.

Anyway, I don't want to repeat the discussion here. I'm only saying that there
is no clear best way, so this should be left to the personal judgement of
developers and not be promoted to an official convention.