DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 19:11:18 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 21:08, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 14:27, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Do you like the idea ?
>
> If you document existing conventions, but don't create new ones, I
> like the idea.
>
> I object to the "there shouldn't be private members in a class" and
> the "private slots should start with 'slot'" rules. There are no
> clear reasons for them. This is mainly a matter of taste, so I don't
> think it's a good idea to elevate them to conventions.

I wanted to write the same, but in case of the libraries, it makes sense
to have a common look, at least for the interfaces, and that includes
if:
- the d pointer classes are private or not (I support non-private ones)
- the slots are prefixed with slot or not. I like the prefixed version,
but the fact that Qt does not use it, can be an argument.

Andras