Qt Exception license

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 18:40:36 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 02:44, Allen Winter wrote:

> I believe due to the new Qt 4 licensing we no longer need the following
> verbage cluttering up our source files.  Can the Qt exception be removed
> from all our source files in trunk now?

First of all, only the copyright holders can change the license, so it's not
possible to just remove the Qt exception from the sources, no matter what.

In addition there still might be cases where the source code is used with
non-GPL versions of Qt, so we would have to look at the individual cases. I
don't think it's worth the effort. The Qt exception doesn't do any harm.

Personally I wouldn't use the Qt exception for new Qt4-based code anymore,
though.