KDE4 Libs components

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Mar 4 18:39:07 GMT 2006

Le Samedi 4 Mars 2006 11:12, David Faure a écrit :
> On Friday 03 March 2006 23:11, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > If later we want to modify a class to make it depends of another, we
> > can't anymore.
>
> This is a problem with every library structure, not just the proposed one.
> Like currently, you can't use a kio class from kdecore, unless you can
> actually move the kio class up to kdecore (like was done for ksycoca), but
> that's not always possible.

IMO, this is why we should not divide in too much different library.

The difference with a division between core/ui/io  is that the separation is
well defined.
Class that are not related to the user interface will probably never been
related to it.

So why make a division that will restrict ourself if it's not really usefull ?

--
Olivier