KDE4 Libs components

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Mar 4 18:38:48 GMT 2006

Le Samedi 4 Mars 2006 12:12, Nicolas Goutte a écrit :

> Putting it in a special placeforces to remind developers to take care about
> that independency. Otherwise it is too easy to forget and to create a
> dependency that is not wanted.

If it's just that, we still can place the source into different folders, but
in the same library  (kdecore/components and kdecore/framework)

Also, one of the objective of KDE is the integration, isn't it ?
So I don't see why we should try hard to have so independent class.
We are first doing class for KDE, and not for Qt-only application developers

We can even have semi-dependent class with
#if HAVE_KDE
foo=KConfig->readEntry("foo");
#endif

--