Common Public License (CPL)

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Fri Mar 3 19:55:01 GMT 2006

> I am not a license expert but looking at
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html
> I see problems, as the CPL license is described as not being compatible with
> GPL (assuming that we are talking about the same CPL license).

With respect to relative incompatibility, LGPL is incompatible to GPL,
because GPL libraries force applications to become GPL.  LGPL and CPL
libraries do not force application licensing.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html

I'm not asking to mix code with different licenses.  :-)  I'm trying to
get folks to realize that CPL is another license for header files and
libraries that be used to build GPL code.

--

George (gk4)