KAutoStart

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Mar 4 01:58:38 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 16:43, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 03 March 2006 17:29, Christian Esken wrote:
> >  void setStartAfter(const QString& entryName);
> >
> >  Is this going to manipulate "X-KDE-autostart-phase", or is the latter
> > planned to be phased out by something more sophisticated?
>
> do you have any suggestions?
>

> it seems that autostart-phase is used primarily for things that should or
> need to start after the desktop is fully loaded (aka "phase 2") ... we only
> support 2 phases, is that be enough? is the dichotomy "as part of the
> desktop" vs "after the desktop"?
>
> i actually left out autostart-phase support under the assumption that if
> you need that you can provide your own .desktop file .. but if it's to be
> used in kinit then it will need to be aware of X-KDE-autostart-phase as
> well i suppose.
>
> as the topic is being discussed (and the spec draft updated) on the xdg
> list we could ask that whatever we come up with be added to the standard as
> well ...

I actually had hoped to keep the XDG version of autostart and the KDE version
separate so that we don't need to have discussions about KDE specific
features. It will take a few years to get concensus on autostart-phase I'm
afraid.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group - Intel Corporation