KDE4 Libs components

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 2 22:20:35 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 15:00, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>  > As I understand it, these classes are meant to be standalone building
>  > blocks for use by other classes further up the stack.

yes, as well as stand alone utility classes, like KAutoStart (assuming it gets
the go ahead)

>  > How about libKDEFoundationCore and libKDEFoundationGUI
>
>  or just libKDECore and libKDECoreGUI?

thing is, none of these say "discreet building blocks and stand alone classes"
to me. they say "central pieces" which may not even be true.

perhaps a good place to start would be to actually categorize the classes we
plan on putting into this layer?

honestly, this is the kind of thing that would be really served well by having
half a dozen of the more senior KDE devs converge somewhere quiet for a few
days, sort classes out into groups and then report back with their efforts
for comments and thereby get most of the starting work done quickly (versus
weeks on the mailing lists)

--
Aaron J. Seigo