Porting dcop calls which return a DCOPRef

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jun 23 11:37:44 BST 2006

David Faure wrote:
>> > Now, all you have to do is send a value of type QDBusObjectPath.
>>
>> Sounds good. However dbuscpp2xml doesn't like that, and skips all such
>> methods.
>
>Actually I realized that I don't need to use dbuscpp2xml+dbusidl2cpp to
> convert a dcop interface (e.g. KonquerorIface) into a dbus adaptor
> (KonquerorAdaptor). It's much easier to just edit the file and write
> the adaptor manually. The Q_CLASSINFO with the introspection XML is
> missing then, compared to generated adaptors, but from reading the
> qtdbus code, it seems that the XML is generated on the fly in such a
> case, so that's fine.

While discussing the QtDBus API here at Trolltech, we came to the
conclusion that QDBusInterfacePtr and what you seek are the same thing: a
tuple of three QStrings. So I'm probably going to convert into a struct
with service, object path and interface and allow you to send it over the
bus.

Next, since I restored full 1:1 type compatibility, the introspection
Q_CLASSINFO is unnecessary. I'm thinking of dropping it. But in any
event, you can write adaptors and objects without it -- the XML will be
generated on the fly.

In fact, if you dbuscpp2xml | dbusxml2cpp a class that was generated by
dbusxml2cpp in the first place, you'll get the same output. Same thing
the other way around.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech ASA
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway