Fwd: KAboutApplication patch

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 00:03:35 BST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 04:16, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 19 June 2006 09:26, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > >FYI
> >
> > Gary Camblitt wrote:
> > >In trunk, KAboutApplication will crash if the aboutData argument is
> > > null.   Patch attached.
>
> It would do the same in kde3.
> So why is aboutData null for you?

The bug in kaboutapplication.cpp was introduced in trunk at rev 494980 on 6
Jan.

For now, I've fixed the problem in kmousetool by changing the 0 to
KGlobal::instance()->aboutData().

The kaboutapplication.h file says NULL aboutData is permissible.  So either
the .h file should be changed, or my patch (or similar) should be applied.

My patch simply duplicates the setPlainCaption call from KAboutDialog
constructor.  This maybe isn't ideal because the caption ends up being set
twice.

All things considered, I suggest removing "=0" from

KAboutApplication( const KAboutData *aboutData=0, QWidget *parent=0, bool
modal=true );

declaration in kaboutapplication.h file.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)