aKademy 2006 - we want your papers.

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Tue Jun 20 10:47:00 BST 2006

Hi guys (and gals, of course),

not sure how many of you read The Dot regularely, but the Call for
Participation for this years KDE World Summit and Conference is open since
some time now. We're starting to see the presentation proposals come in, but
what we're lacking is technical contributions. Right now it seems like the
conference will be dealing mostly with marketing, cooperation and stuff. What
I'm missing is the ground breaking technical contributions that we used to
have in the past years.

So hurry up, you can't be that busy with hacking, I'm sure you have something
cooking that you just _have_ to tell everybody about. The conference website
is here: http://conference2006.kde.org, and the CfP is published there:
http://conference2006.kde.org/conference/call.php.

Go ahead and write to akademy-talks-2006 at kde.org, we want you there!

regards,

Matthias Welwarsky
Program Committee

--
From the 'Handbook of Corporate Slang':

- to protect prior investment (phrase):
    describes the inability to revert a wrong decision made
    in the past, expresses willingness of throwing
    good money after bad. (q.v. Fiorina, C.)