New feature for KDE 3.5.4 - KAlarm

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 23:30:25 BST 2006

On 6/19/06, Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org> wrote:
> One concern: Is replacing the "(c)" by the corresponding symbol in the
> copyright notice a good idea? What was the conclusion of the discussion about
> this?

This change is fine. Even preferable.

A 'c-in-parenthesis' has no legal meaning and might as well not be
there. The copyright symbol is not strictly necessary (only the word
'Copyright') but is better than having a c-in-parenthesis. All our
source files are unicode; there are already dozens of contributors
with unicode symbols for their names already in header blurbs all
over.  And yes, there are other copyright symbols here and there
already also.

There was some question as to whether or not we should go through and
change *all* the c-in-parenthesis to the copyright symbol, but I don't
see this as the same discussion.