New feature for KDE 3.5.4 - KAlarm

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jun 19 22:09:09 BST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 20:23, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Saturday 17 June 2006 00:29, David Jarvie wrote:
> > I'd like to add a new feature to KAlarm for KDE 3.5.4 (patch attached).
> > It is the facility to import alarms from external calendars. It was
> > introduced in the standalone version of KAlarm over 2 months ago, and has
> > been ported to trunk. It has a small number of new translatable strings.
> >
> > Cornelius, as the maintainer for kdepim, can you please give the go-ahead
> > to add this feature?
>
> I'm facing a deadline problem here - I'm going away on holiday in a couple
> of days' time and probably won't get another opportunity to commit this
> before the 3.5.4 deadline. Cornelius hasn't replied yet, but he probably
> would only be able to agree in principle anyway (like with Michael Brade's
> KNotes patch), and there is no other person who I can ask as a maintainer.
>
> Under these circumstances, is it ok for me to commit this without anybody
> else's go-ahead?

 Well, no. We're in freeze and the rules are that you are explicitly allowed,
not explicitly disallowed. If you get allowed because of special
circumstances, everybody will have some special circumstances.

 And nobody says Cornelius has to review your patch, it's only about approving
it. Could be quite simple under special circumstances like your mail being
followed by five replies saying the patch is ok (er, not yours, indeed :) ).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org