next snapshot (Re: kdesupport/qt-dbus)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 19 09:00:09 BST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 09:23, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> >Not last monday then, but the one before that.
>
> That one was done on schedule, but it completely broke the build because
> it's the one that brought D-BUS in.

Yes. But since kdelibs itself wasn't ready (ioslaves couldn't be launched, etc.),
I think that it should have been delayed. The point I'm trying to make in this discussion
is that updating the snapshot when it makes sense (i.e. when it's stable) is MORE
important than updating it "on schedule". Every other monday was just a rule of thumb
for the case where we make many small changes and we have to update somewhen,
but for the case of very big changes, we should delay until kdelibs is stable.
Otherwise it's just encouraging people to port without testing (just fixing compilation
and nothing more), and we know what comes out of that.