QDate range extended

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jun 14 12:37:51 BST 2006

David Jarvie wrote:
>Surely the solution to Jason's needs is to make the Julian day a signed
> value.
[...]
> except for the need to replace zero with 0x8000000 or 0x7FFFFFFF as the
>indicator of an invalid date.

Can't do that. The isNull that tests for jd == 0 to say it's invalid is an
inline function. There's no way to change that before Qt 5.0. Therefore,
Julian Day 0 must be outside the valid date range.

I am not going to create a discontiguous date range (i.e., a range with a
hole in the middle).

Sorry.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech ASA
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway