Making "appdata" work without KApplication

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 12 19:09:04 BST 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 19:07, John Tapsell wrote:
> Hi dfaure,
>   This patch looks interesting.  It also looks like it might be
> possible to extend it so that it works for applets.  In ksysguard I
> have to use data because parts of the code can be used in the
> ksysguard applet.

Using KGlobal::dirs(), appdata will always be "kicker" for applets.

But you're right, when using instance->dirs(), "appdata" should probably be using
that instance's name. That means it's "instancedata" rather than "appdata", but I'm
just nitpicking about names there.

I'll have a look at moving appdata creation to KInstance::dirs() instead, unless
anyone thinks it's a bad idea.
I'm not too worried about compatibility, most code doesn't use instance->dirs().